apply for a job
Retrofit Project Commissioning and Modular Fabrication Manager
Date: May 16, 2017
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United StatesApply now »
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the planning and execution of Systems Completion (SC) for the Project, from early phase 4 plan development to Construction Completion verification of early infrastructure through handover for Hydrocarbon Commissioning and Operations of the full facilities.
- Development of SC plans and procedures
- Development and implementation of SC staffing plans
- Responsible to support contract negotiations and amendments and for administering SC technical content
- Supervise development of detailed SC plans and procedures
- Development of SC site mobilization plan
- Oversee the preparation of system engineering deliverables, technical acceptance standards and Turnover & Completion Packages for system handover to Operations
- Responsible for oversite of owner’s interest in the modular yard, transportation oversite/logistical planning (heavy haul/heavy lift) from modular location (Edmonton, AB) to SLC Refinery.
- Interface with Detailed Design contractor.
- Interface with the modular fabricator project manager (located in the Detailed Design office).
- Field interface with modular CM team at the modular site.
- In collaboration with operations, develop all SC project procedures.
- Engage Chevron Subject Matter Experts, as needed, in support of SC activities.
- Coordinate with Project’s QA/QC Lead for modular turnover packages
- Attend pre-award, progress, audit and pre-shipment meetings (as required) to ensure modular fabrication issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Coordinate, with EPCM Quality Manager & Project QA/QC Lead, the inspection schedule for all hold points and witness points for modular fabrication.
- Review modular fabrications progress per schedule to validate performance and developed corrective actions as needed.
- Work with the IMPACT team for all turnaround activities to ensure modules meet the IMPACT deadlines for the 2018 T/A.
- Embrace the principles of incident and injury-free work and be a member of the project IIF Leadership Team.
- Work closely with the Site Construction Manager to ensure modular fabrication delivery issues do not affect critical path and are identified and addressed in a timely manner.
- A four-year degree in Mechanical/Chemical/Petroleum Engineering
- Construction Management experience, with at least 10 years of Project Commissioning and Modular Fabrication construction experience for oil and gas projects.
- Work experience in at least one function outside of Systems Completion
- Documented Modular fabrication experience during design and construction phase
- Highly experienced and knowledgeable with formal project management systems, including modular fabrication design and oversite of construction.
- Deep and broad knowledge of systems completion.
- Has extensive large ($200M -1B USD) downstream oil and gas project experience, experience constructing in live operating units and turnaround experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work in and lead multi-functional teams within a complex project environment.
- Able to work in an EPCM environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to interface with Chevron management, and local operations.
- Able to work remotely and communicate complex development and execution plans with the onsite site project team.
- Sphere of influence expands across the systems completion function and the modular fabrication functions and is recognized by peers as a highly qualified professional with modular and systems completions background and experience.
- Demonstrated history of making a positive contribution as a team member in several areas beyond that of own expertise.
- Previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in Turnarounds
- CSOC certification
- Leadership in the application of CPMS practices, processes, and tools
Relocation may be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.