apply for a job
Plant Operator C
Date: May 19, 2017
Location: Richmond, California, United StatesApply now »
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Plant Operator C located in Richmond , California /United States through May 31, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Operation of process systems utilizing a wide range of control systems and equipment that includes tanks, mixers, heat exchangers, pumps, and transfer systems.
· Operation of manual and automatic valves, meters, pumps and transfer systems that move product between tanks, process systems and fill sources.
· Comprehensive understanding of plant policies and procedures.
· Housekeeping to maintain a clean work environment and clean equipment such as filters, tanks, sumps and other equipment.
· High School Diploma or Equivalent
· Minimum of two years work experience in lubricants, oil and gas, or related petrochemical or process industries. Will consider military experience, an Associates degree in process technology or I&E in lieu of operations experience
· Must be able to work any shift, overtime as required and on-call
· This is a Safety Sensitive Position. Candidates must demonstrate personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations with a proven track record in Safety and Reliability
· Minimum of two year's related work experience (Military experience is counted as work experience). Completion of an Associate's/Technical Degree from a Process Technology Program will be accepted in lieu of required work experience
· Regional Occupational Program/Process Plant Operator or Industrial Maintenance Mechanic certificate
· Experience in Behavior based safety programs
· Previous work experience in an Industrial setting
If selected to participate in the Pre-employment testing process with Chevron, you will be required to take the following battery of tests:
Industrial Information Test
· Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems.
Mechanical Aptitude Assessment
· Measures the ability to apply general mechanical principles to understand and solve problem situations.
Workplace Attitude and Behavior Inventory
· Measures personal characteristics important to success in the job applied for.
Chevron's tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. However ASVAB test preparation guides may be able to assist in preparation for these tests. Candidates should focus on mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.