apply for a job
Demurrage Team Leader
Date: May 19, 2017
Location: London, Greater London, United KingdomApply now »
Chevron Shipping Company is the Corporate Marine Center of Expertise for Chevron operations and projects. We provide safe, reliable and cost-competitive marine transportation, manage marine risk, and add value to the enterprise through our operations, technical, project, and commercial support to our customers. The London Demurrage team, currently comprising of three analysts, provide demurrage and commercial support on behalf of a variety of Chevron customer groups. Working as part of Chevron Shipping’s global demurrage teams with regional offices located in Houston and Singapore, the London team handle demurrage claims originating both cross regionally and within defined geographical ranges on behalf of Chevron Shipping Company, Chevron Supply and Trading (Crude, Products, Fuels and LPG teams) as well as the management of all TengizChevroil’s (TCO) demurrage claims.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of of Demurrage Team Leader located in either London / UK through 1st June 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Reporting directly to the London Regional Manager, the London Demurrage Team Leader is responsible for the day to day handling of all Demurrage claims, Operational Excellence and process safety, as well as the personal development and coaching of the London Demurrage team.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Provide high level of expert support and services to all customer groups by ensuring all claims are handled expediently and adhering to strict process controls.
- Ensure that the Demurrage team meets or exceeds all commercial performance benchmarks.
- Manage all customer relationships (internal and external interfaces).
- Represent the Global Demurrage function on significant business issues.
- Work with the regional Demurrage Team Leads (DTLs) to ensure alignment on all processes as well as ensuring existing processes remain effective and fit for purpose.
- Provide day to day Demurrage desk coverage for holidays / outages as required.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work within a global team
- Highly O.E and Process Safety focused
- Commercial skill and awareness
- Analytical and presentation skills
- Highly customer focused
- High standard of verbal and written communication skills
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to form and maintain internal and external relationships
- Efficiency and process improvement focused
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure managing multiple tasks to a high standard
- High organizational skills
- Willingness and ability to work out of hours with some travel
- Exhibit “Chevron Way” and ‘We Lead’ behaviors at all times
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.