apply for a job
Sponsor Support Specialist
Date: May 18, 2017
Location: Houston, Texas, United StatesApply now »
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron is accepting online applications for the position of Sponsor Support Specialist located in Houston, Texas /United States through May 24, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time).
Requisition ID# 146802
This is a high level Administrative position required to interact with all levels of personnel and management within Upstream and across the various operating companies under the direction of a Team Lead and functional Sponsor. The selected candidate will provide administrative support to functional Sponsors and Personnel Development Representatives in a fast-paced team environment with high accountability for accuracy, confidentiality and delivering work product on time and to specification, per job scope. Candidate will be expected to work with a high level of independence and initiative, possess advanced computer skills, strong analytic skills, learn and understand the goals and objectives of the Upstream internal selection process, anticipate Sponsors needs and assist in day-to-day responsibilities.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Support Functional Sponsors to ensure movement through the internal selection process is fully supported, documented and executed in a manner that is accurate and timely.
• Manage the open jobs posted through the internal selection process: including job postings and slating of candidates.
• Attend internal selection meetings: accurately capture and provide all required data, prepare documentation, maintain accurate employee folders and relevant communications.
• Create offer letters, initiate offer packages in partnership with Global Expat Administration, and manage signed acceptances.
• Manage logistics: book conference rooms, prepare agendas, order catering, prepare meeting materials.
• Identify process gaps and recommend changes/solutions to improve efficiency.
• Act as back-up for Sponsors and other Sponsor Support Specialists when out of office.
• Exhibit team work and initiative to meet group objectives.
• Participate in special projects as assigned.
• Effectively communicate with a variety of stakeholders in person, by telephone, and email.
• Analytics / Computer Skills – ability to accurately capture information and data, pull data when requested, problem solve and understand and interpret the data to draw recommendations. Strong excel skills desired. Experience in Spotfire or Tableau a plus. High level of skill, comfort with and ability to learn various computer programs.
• Teamwork – proven ability to effectively communicate, support and trust others, accept responsibility and accountability for team and individual success and failures and problem solve.
• Communication - proven ability to explain own ideas, listen with open mind to others’ ideas, express ideas in open, constructive way, ask clarifying questions, and initiate conversations about group climate or process. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization in professional manner.
• Prioritization: Ability to organize and complete work considering your available time, Clients’ needs, business impact, urgency and complexity.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 3 years of full time administrative and/or Human Resources experience or Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources in lieu of experience
• Ability to analyze/verify data and ensure data integrity
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel) are essential
• Some domestic travel required
• Overtime required during peak seasons with limited vacation usage during these times (Feb – April and Aug – Oct)
• Proven strong work ethic and sense of urgency
• Proven strong ability to manage competing priorities and a wide variety tasks
• Bachelor's Degree
• SuccessFactors experience
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Chevron regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law