apply for a job
Terminal Operator (Direct Hired Contractor)
Date: May 19, 2017
Location: Cebu, Central Visayas, PhilippinesApply now »
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
Chevron Philippines, Inc. (CPI) markets Caltex™ fuels, lubricants and petroleum products. Our network of service stations, terminals and sales offices forms the backbone of our presence in the Philippines. Chevron has about 600 Caltex™ service stations in the Philippines. We sell a range of petroleum products, including Caltex with Techron® gasoline and Caltex Diesel with Techron D®, kerosene, and jet fuel. Chevron also markets Caltex Havoline® and Delo® engine oils, along with other lubricating oils and greases. Chevron has 14 facilities, including major terminals, depots and sales offices. Our import terminal in San Pascual, Batangas, forms the hub of our transportation and supply operations in the Philippines. Chevron also provides jet fuel for airlines at Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
CPI is accepting online applications for the position of Terminal Operator (Direct Hired Contractor) located in Lapu Lapu City, Cebu Philippines through May 7, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Executes operational, OE/HES activities per established priorities such as: Product receipt, tank gauging, truck - barge - tank product sampling, transfers, sampling, quality control checks.
- Complies with OE/HES policies, standards and procedures.
- Executes planned routine maintenance activities such as but not limited to fire extinguisher inspections, general maintenance including valves and equipment.
- Issues the work permits and ensures compliance of contractors to Safe Work Practices standards.
- Assists customers, internal or external, when required and give quality service consistent with our Customer Facing Culture.
- Actively participates in Safety Meetings, Stand Downs, Loss Prevention System Observations (LPOs) and Job Safety Analyses (JSAs).
- Actively participates in all scheduled training and utilize learned skills in the fulfillment of day to day activities.
- Bachelor Degree holder preferably in Engineering
- Licensed Engineer is a preference but not a requirement
- At least 1-year relevant experience
- Must possess a valid driver's license and is qualified to operate a 4 wheeled vehicle
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication skills
- Must have demonstrated ability and/or experience in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Flexible, proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused
- Open to work as a Direct Hired Contractor
Relocation will not be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidates will work in The Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.