apply for a job
Operations Administrator (Direct Hired Contractor)
Date: May 19, 2017
Location: Cebu, Central Visayas, PhilippinesApply now »
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy. To learn more, visit the Explore Chevron website.
Chevron Philippines, Inc. (CPI) markets Caltex™ fuels, lubricants and petroleum products. Our network of service stations, terminals and sales offices forms the backbone of our presence in the Philippines. Chevron has about 600 Caltex™ service stations in the Philippines. We sell a range of petroleum products, including Caltex with Techron® gasoline and Caltex Diesel with Techron D®, kerosene, and jet fuel. Chevron also markets Caltex Havoline® and Delo® engine oils, along with other lubricating oils and greases. Chevron has 14 facilities, including major terminals, depots and sales offices. Our import terminal in San Pascual, Batangas, forms the hub of our transportation and supply operations in the Philippines. Chevron also provides jet fuel for airlines at Ninoy Aquino International Airport.
CPI is accepting online applications for the position of Operations Administrator (Direct Hired Contractor) located in Looc Lapu Lapu City, Cebu Philippines through May 31, 2017 at 11:59 PM.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Perform stock reconciliation and invoicing, as needed, for proprietary and third party terminals.
- Supervise and coordinate all accounting activities such as stock reconciliation for refined products including the daily reconciliation and coordination with industry JO/RA partners; daily monitoring of operating gains and losses; management of working fund; processing and encoding of timecards and monitoring of employee attendance; man-hours reporting and preparation of government required reports; preparation of required reports for internal and external customers and government agencies.
- Ensure that internal control system is in place and determines its adequacy to the present operations.
- Ensure timely reporting of performance metrics.
- Analyze and develop action plans to address gaps identified from the customer delivery reliability metric.
- Supervise personnel including conducting performance evaluations, coaching, training and development.
- Coordinate and oversee third party contractors, ensure OE/HES standards are met by all supervised personnel and contractors.
- Provide support to terminal management during product receiving, storage and withdrawals as well as maintenance and upkeep of the terminal facilities and equipment, such as, but not limited to, TTLR, berthing facility, Oil-Water separator, fire fighting facility inspection, oil spill equipment, product pumps, valves, generator sets and other electrical equipment testing, maintenance and repair.
- Assist in loss investigation activities at the Terminal consistent with LPS principles; ensures solutions/corrective actions are completed in a timely manner
- Monitors and controls OPEX budget for the Terminal, assists in budget preparation of fixed cost accounts, analyses charges and provides explanations to budget overrun.
- Reviews and endorses analysis of stock reconciliation reports, endorses adjustments to reconciling stock transactions, reviews operating gains and losses for refined products.
- Reviews and checks documentation of fixed asset movement to and from terminal, ensures proper inventory and accounting of all company assets at the terminal, i.e. ascertains the accuracy of physical and book inventories, ensures that asset movements are accounted for and properly documented and recorded in the ledgers.
- Handles the coordination that may be needed in monitoring and reconciling Chevron assets in the terminal, handles Contracts Administration, timely renewal of permits and licenses, update of accounting manuals and deployment as needed of changes to terminal personnel. Also acts as overall point person for all compliance requirements such as SOX, FCPA, Financial reviews, etc. that may be performed in the terminal.
- Identifies SAP and IT related issues and coordinate with Business Support Group; Analysis of SAP metrics, systems, hierarchies, and reports, recommends changes to SAP group Team Leader for development and implementation of data warehouse which support Global COF metrics and reporting standards.
- Performs any other and/or special duties or activities assigned/tasked by management for the continuously clean, safe, efficient and reliable distribution operations
- At least 3 years’ significant experience in Terminal Operations
- Licensed Engineer is a preference but not a requirement
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office applications
- Good communication skills
- Must have demonstrated ability and/or experience in working in a multi-cultural environment
- Flexible, proactive, results-oriented, and customer-focused
Relocation will be considered within Chevron parameters.
Selected candidate will work in the Philippines under the local payroll system and benefits.
Regulatory Disclosure for US Positions:
Chevron is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or other status protected by law or regulation.
Chevron participates in E-Verify in certain locations as required by law.